Mindfulness can be used anyone, and is a great tool to complement your therapy.
Mindfulness Meditation Body Scan
The below video is one of the best guided mindfulness audiobooks on mindfulness of the body. I highly encourage anyone to engage in a regular mindfulness practice.
- Decreases anxiety, stress, depression, and anger
- Increases tolerance/acceptance of anxiety, bodily sensations, and symptoms
- Increases ability to live in the here and now
- Increases tolerance of pain and the associated distress
- Increases mental stamina and resilience
- Increases ability to recognise negative thoughts without getting caught up in them
- Increases awareness of how your body responds to stress
- Increases emotional intelligence
- Increases creativity
- Reduces self-destructive behaviour and addictions
- Improves immune system
"The Body Scan meditation helps to train your mind so that you can focus your attention directly on your bodily sensations without judging or analysing what you find. This helps you to see, ever more clearly, when the mind has begun to wander away by itself, so that you gradually learn to ‘taste’ the difference between the ‘thinking mind’ and the ‘sensing mind’." - Mark Williams
Disclaimer: This audio track has been made available on this website based on the understanding that it is freely available on the author's website. If you like the above meditation, please consider supporting Mark Williams directly.
Please click the button to schedule a private consultation.